Thank you for considering the position of Receptionist at Pinecrest Baptist Church. Please review the following information as you pray about God’s next steps for your life and ministry. The Receptionist will play a role in welcoming guests and members at Pinecrest. This person will undertake all clerical duties at the main entrance desk. You are the “face” of the church for all visitors and responsible for the first impression we make, supporting the mission and Vision of Pinecrest Baptist Church.
The ideal receptionist will be a follower of Jesus Christ with a friendly, easy-going, wise, and disciplined personality. You should be able to deal with complaints and give accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential. The primary goal is to assist guests, members, and visitors, making them feel comfortable and valued on our premises.
Pinecrest Baptist Church exists to honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus’ command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Our Mission is to CONNECT TO CHRIST. We seek to reach our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves. (Lk 15, 19:10) We also hope to CONNECT TO CHURCH. We seek to teach believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves. (Co. 1:28; Mt 22:37-40) We need to CONNECT TO COMMUNITY. We Send believers back into the world to share the story of how Jesus saved them. (Ro 10:13-15; Ac 1:8)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep the front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary materials (pens, forms, paper, etc.)
- Greet and welcome guests
- Answer questions and address concerns
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or take messages
- Receive letters, packages, etc., and distribute them
- Order, track, and deliver supplies
- Make copies of church materials, including the bulletin, email, and Sunday bulletins, within the timeline established by the administrator.
- Maintains church membership information and baptism records
- Assist the Church Administrator in the coordination of the church calendar.
- Gather information, develop and design Sunday Bulletins, Wednesday Bulletins emails, Newsletters, funeral programs, and special programs as requested by pastoral staff.
- Manage all disbursements and contributions accurately in the Realm system
- Manage tithes and contributions using Realm
- Backup Church Administrator when out on sick or vacation
- Attend meetings of the church
- Record memorial donations and prepare appropriate records
- The receptionist must adhere to the church covenant as well as the Operations Manual of Pinecrest Baptist Church.
- The receptionist must maintain strict confidentiality
- Proven experience as a front desk representative, agent, or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (fax, printer, etc.)
- Knowledge of office management
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Google Suite and /or MS Office
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skill
- Customer service orientation
- High School diploma; additional qualifications a plus
The Receptionist reports to the Administrator and Pastoral Staff.
Hours: Three days a week, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and additional days as needed.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.